Being a doula is such a rewarding career.
The satisfaction we get from the work of being a postpartum doula is endless. It’s amazing to make a living helping families transition from pregnancy to parenthood — feeling reassured and supported
If you are looking for an inspiring career in maternity care or a new professional development to add to your current career, I hope you’ll consider a DONA International postpartum doula workshop with me, Yana Katzap-Nackman. My California postpartum doula training includes 27 hours of engaging, interactive content, and you have two choices for how you learn: a four-day workshop, or once a week for seven weeks.
Why train with me?
As you get started in your doula career, I’ll encourage you to think about what makes you unique among doulas. Everyone has gifts to share with the world. These are some of the things that make me and my postpartum doula training unique:
• As a board certified lactation consultant, I know the complexities of breastfeeding and will prepare you to support breastfeeding families.
• I’m one of Southern California’s most experienced doulas, with 15 successful years supporting families
• Being a postpartum doula isn’t just part of my past, it’s my current daily life; I’m actively working day-to-day as a postpartum doula so I can share the realities of what Millennial clients want, right now
• I’m also a certified birth doula, which brings a richer perspective to my postpartum trainings, especially as we talk about the relationship between birth and postpartum care
• People tell me I’m patient, empathetic and funny; I will hold space for your educational growth and we’ll have a great time together.
• I’ve spent time on the DONA International certification committee, so I can mentor you through the certification process and share with you some tips on sending off a complete packet for review and certification.
What to expect…
Whether you take it over four days or as a seven-week series, my training is 27 hours of postpartum goodness. Topics include:
- The Role of the Postpartum Doula
- Newborn Care
- Lactation Support
- Postpartum Physical Changes
- Business Management & Marketing
- Effective Communication
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Loss & Grief
- Multiples & Preemies
- Resource and Referral List Development
- DONA Postpartum Doula Certification Requirements
This workshop is the first step toward becoming certified with DONA International. Please review the DONA International guide for certification before we start our time together.
Let’s make it official
Are you ready to register and take the first step toward this new career? Any questions first? Email me through the contact page. Otherwise, let’s get you registered.
View Workshop Listings