HeadFirst is offering a 4 hour breastfeeding class for the purpose of advancing the doula’s education, in support of breastfeeding families. At the end of this class students will be able to provide newborn parents, advanced breastfeeding support and teach them new breastfeeding techniques.
This 4 hour class fulfills one component of your certification process. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
- Understanding cultural differences and breastfeeding expectations
- How doulas can prepare parents for breastfeeding before baby arrives
- Breastfeeding basics
- The BBB of breastfeeding
- Supporting the breastfeeding dyad after a C-birth
- Breastsleeping support and the overnight doula
- Breastfeeding complications and the role of the doula
- Where to find evidence based information and reliable resources
Birth and postpartum doulas are welcome.
Date: January 14, 2018
Location: Art of Birthing Birth Center: 3013 West Washington Blvd., MDR, CA 90292
Our classes are intimate and small in size to allow for connection between participants and answer all your questions.
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman BA,CD(DONA), PCD(DONA),IBCLC, RLC an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Lactation Educator, Certified Birth & Postpartum Doula and a breastfeeding mother.
This 4 hour class fulfills a component of your certification process.