A career as a doula is rewarding.
You can get endless satisfaction from being a postpartum doula. It is amazing to make a living by helping families transition from pregnancy to parenthood — feeling reassured and supported.
Whether you are looking to begin an inspiring career in maternity care or adding new professional development certification for your current career, we hope you’ll consider a DONA International postpartum doula workshop at HeadFirst, taught by Yana Katzap-Nackman. This California postpartum doula training includes 27 hours of engaging, interactive content, offered in two formats: a four-day workshop, or once a week class for seven weeks.
Why train with me?
As you get started in your doula career, I will encourage you to think about what makes you unique among doulas. Everyone has gifts to share with the world. Here are just some of the things that make me and my postpartum doula training unique:
• As a board certified lactation consultant, I know the complexities of breastfeeding and will prepare you to support breastfeeding families.
• I’m one of Southern California’s most experienced doulas, with 17 successful years supporting families.
• Being a postpartum doula is part of my current daily life. I’m actively working day-to-day as a postpartum doula, so I can share the realities of this field and what Millennial clients are currently looking for.
• I am also a certified birth doula, which brings a richer perspective to my postpartum trainings, especially as we talk about the relationship between birth and postpartum care.
• People tell me I’m patient, empathetic and funny. I will hold space for your educational growth and we’ll have a great time together.
• I’ve spent time on the DONA International certification committee, so I can mentor you through the certification process and share tips on sending off a complete packet for review and certification.
What to expect…
Please note that due to COVID19 physical distancing requirements, all workshops are scheduled for remote learning, via zoom until further notice.
Whether you participate over four days or in a seven-week series, this training is 27 hours of postpartum goodness! Topics include:
- The Role of the Postpartum Doula
- Newborn Care
- Lactation Support
- Postpartum Physical Changes
- Business Management & Marketing
- Effective Communication
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Loss & Grief
- Multiples & Preemies
- Resource and Referral List Development
- DONA Postpartum Doula Certification Requirements
This workshop is the first step toward becoming certified with DONA International. Please review the DONA International guide for certification before we start our time together.
Let’s make it official!
Are you ready to register and take the first step toward this new career? Any questions first? Email me through the contact page. Otherwise, let’s get you registered.