Dates and registration for 2018 will be up soon.
HeadFirst Newborn Care Class is a must for all expectant parents. The approach is comprehensive and fun. Parents and caregivers will learn how to manage the rewarding & challenging realities of having anewborn infant.
After attending this class you will have the tools to be able to anticipate and meet your baby’s physical and emotional needs.
Our small size classes allow for more interaction and discussion time for couples.
Topics covered include:
- Baby’s out, now what? (Newborn assessment)
- What else does he do? (Baby’s Cues, senses and reflexes)
- Why does she cry so much? (Signs of over-stimulation and under-stimulation)
- How Do I Hold, Burp, dress the baby? (Baby care 101)
- How do I bathe my baby? (Sponge bath & Regular bath)
- How Do I sooth My baby (Colic & breastfeeding tips)
- When can I go out with baby (tips on venturing out for the first time, slings, diaper bags and breastfeeding in public)
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman, Certified Postpartum Doula, Lactation Consultant, Happiest baby on The Block Instructor and a mother of two.