Due to COVID19 physical distancing requirements, all future classes will be available remotely via zoom. Please make sure to test your wifi and zoom capabilities prior to class.
Advance your doula education with our four-hour class with Yana. By the end of this class, students will be able to provide newborn parents evidence-based breastfeeding support and teach new breastfeeding techniques to parents.
This 4 hour class fulfills one component of your certification process with your certifying organization, such as DONA International. If you have not attended a breastfeeding class that is geared toward doulas, this will be an excellent refresher. A certificate of attendance will be provided. In addition, please bring any required certification paperwork to be filled out at the end of class.
- Understanding cultural differences and breastfeeding expectations
- How doulas can prepare parents for breastfeeding before baby arrives
- Breastfeeding basics
- The BBB of breastfeeding
- Supporting the breastfeeding dyad after a C-birth
- Breastsleeping support and the overnight doula
- Breastfeeding complications and the role of the doula
- Where to find evidence-based information and reliable resources
All birth & postpartum doulas are welcome.
Dates can be found below or on the workshop listing page
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman BA,CD/PDT(DONA), IBCLC, RLC
Certified Birth & Postpartum Doula
DONA International Approved Postpartum Doula Trainer
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Lactation Educator, and a breastfeeding mother.