Advance your doula education with our four-hour class with Yana on how to best support breastfeeding families as a doula. By the end of this class, students will be able to provide newborn parents evidence-based breastfeeding support and teach new breastfeeding techniques to parents.
This 4 hour class fulfills one component of your certification process with your certifying organization, such as DONA International. If you have not attended a breastfeeding class that is geared toward doulas, this will be an excellent refresher. A certificate of attendance will be provided. In addition, please bring any required certification paperwork to be filled out at the end of class.
- Understanding cultural differences and breastfeeding expectations
- How doulas can prepare parents for breastfeeding before baby arrives
- Breastfeeding basics
- The BBB of breastfeeding
- Supporting the breastfeeding dyad after a C-birth
- Breastsleeping support and the overnight doula
- Breastfeeding complications and the role of the doula
- Where to find evidence-based information and reliable resources
All birth & postpartum doulas are welcome.
Dates can be found below or on the workshop listing page
Location: Art of Birthing Center: 3013 West Washington Blvd., MDR, CA 90292
Our intimate classes are small in size to allow for connection between participants, and to answer all your questions.
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman BA,CD/PDT(DONA), IBCLC, RLC
Certified Birth & Postpartum Doula
DONA International Approved Postpartum Doula Trainer
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Lactation Educator, and a breastfeeding mother.