Join me for a 4 hour breastfeeding class for the purpose of advancing your doula education, in support of breastfeeding families. At the end of this class students will be able to provide newborn parents, evidence based breastfeeding support and teach them new breastfeeding techniques.
This 4 hour class fulfills one component of your certification process with your certifying organization. If you have not attended a breastfeeding class that is geared for doulas, this will be a good refresher for you. A certificate of attendance will be provided. Please bring your certification paperwork to be filled at the end of class.
- Understanding cultural differences and breastfeeding expectations
- How doulas can prepare parents for breastfeeding before baby arrives
- Breastfeeding basics
- The BBB of breastfeeding
- Supporting the breastfeeding dyad after a C-birth
- Breastsleeping support and the overnight doula
- Breastfeeding complications and the role of the doula
- Where to find evidence based information and reliable resources
All birth & postpartum doulas are welcome.
Dates can be found below or on the workshop listing page
Location: Art of Birthing Center: 3013 West Washington Blvd., MDR, CA 90292
Our classes are intimate and small in size to allow for connection between participants and answer all your questions.
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman BA,CD/PDT(DONA),IBCLC, RLC
Certified Birth & Postpartum Doula
DONA International Approved Postpartum Doula Trainer
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Lactation Educator, a breastfeeding mother.