A private breastfeeding class with Yana will get you and your baby off to a great start. The three-hour class will cover the first hour, first days and weeks of your breastfeeding experience. You will learn the best holds for a pain free latch. You will also understand how breastfeeding works so that you can be ready once the baby arrives. People who register for this class qualify for a $50 discount on a lactation visit in the postpartum time, if booked with Yana.
- Skin to Skin and breastfeeding
- Breast anatomy & physiology – How does it work?
- Breastfeeding in a hospital setting
- Breastfeeding in the first weeks of life
- Best positions for a pain free latch
- Getting to know baby’s reflexes & feeding cues
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- Support from partner & family
- How to avoid early BF challenges: sore nipples, engorgement, ,mastitis
- When to ask for help/refer out to a certified lactation consultant
- Going back to work & pumping
- How to breastfeed in public
Instructor: Yana Katzap-Nackman is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), Lactation Educator (CLE), Certified Birth & Postpartum Doula, and a breastfeeding mother.
Class Fee: $200
Private Class Only.